Top Rated Pediatrician in Naperville, Plainfield, and Joliet IL
If you are looking for a top-rated pediatrician to provide care for your young ones, come to Suburban Healthcare Associates. For more information, please call us or schedule an appointment online. We have convenient locations to serve you in Naperville IL, Plainfield IL, and Joliet IL.
Table of Contents:
A pediatrician is a medical doctor who specializes in the care of children, from infancy to late adolescence. They are the primary providers of health care for children and therefore have a very important role in their health. Pediatricians care for infants, children, and adolescents with common conditions and illnesses and act as the first point of contact in the healthcare system. Pediatricians are the most qualified of all medical professionals to provide care for children and play an essential role in the health of the family.
A pediatrician has many roles and responsibilities. One of their main duties is to provide primary care to children, treating and diagnosing common concerns, including acute injuries and illnesses. They also specialize in child development, disease prevention, and treatment of common childhood conditions. Pediatricians are trained to care for a wide range of conditions and injuries that affect children, such as injuries and infectious diseases, as well as diseases and conditions that commonly occur in childhood, such as strep throat and ear infections. One of the most important services that pediatricians provide is preventative care, which focuses on the early detection and treatment of disease, as well as the installation of healthy lifestyle behaviors, such as regular exercise and eating a healthy, well-balanced diet.
The role of a pediatrician involves:
• Diagnosing and treating common childhood conditions
• Recommending patients for further treatments when needed
• Providing preventative care
• Recording and maintaining patients’ health and development
• Effectively communicating their patients’ medical needs
• Performing physical exams
• Treating injuries, including fractures and dislocations
• Evaluating a child’s physical, emotional & social development
• Prescribing medications, such as antibiotics
• Providing general health advice
Children should visit a pediatrician any time they are exhibiting symptoms of an illness, have sustained an injury, or need any kind of medical care or treatment. It is also recommended for children to receive a well-child visit at specific intervals, including at:
• 12 months
• 15 months
• 18 months
• 24 months
• 30 months
• 3 years
• 4 years
After age four, it is recommended for children to receive an annual check-up from a pediatrician. This allows the doctor to monitor their health and detect any early signs of the development of chronic diseases or childhood conditions.
There are many reasons why a child should visit a pediatrician, including the following benefits:
• Pediatricians Are Specialists — Children have complex needs that are very different from adults; they undergo many significant changes throughout their growth and development, and these changes require the knowledge and experience of a specialist.
• Pediatricians are Accustomed to Treating Children — While a family medicine doctor sees children and adults of all ages, pediatricians exclusively treat infants, toddlers, kids, and adolescents, which allows them to focus their education, training, and practice on the needs of children. A good pediatrician has experience handling many different situations, including the fear of doctors, temper tantrums, and worried parents. They know how to put kids at ease, and can sufficiently answer all of the parents’ questions.
• Pediatricians Are Knowledgeable About Children’s Mental Health — Pediatricians do not solely treat problems with the body, they are also trained in children’s mental health, acting as the first point of contact for almost all childhood mental health needs.
• Pediatricians Are Dedicated to Children — After medical school, a physician can choose to do their residency in multiple specialties, but in almost every case, pediatricians choose pediatrics because they love children and want to see them live better, healthier, and more productive lives.
Call us today to book an appointment with our top-rated pediatrician, or visit one of our three Illinois locations: we have one in Naperville, IL; Plainfield, IL; and Joliet, IL. We look forward to serving you! We serve patients from Naperville IL, Plainfield IL, Joliet IL, Romeoville IL, Shorewood IL, Crest Hill IL, and Aurora IL.